Herb, Nutrient and Drug Interactions Textbook
Clinical Implications and Therapeutic Strategies
- Herb-Drug Interactions
- Drug Interactions with Vitamins, Minerals, Amino Acids and Nutraceuticals
- Drug-Induced Nutrient Depletions
Presenting detailed, evidence-based coverage of the most commonly encountered therapeutic agents in modern clinical practice, this clinically-oriented guide to safe and effective integration of herbal, nutrient, and drug therapies will be invaluable tool in your practice.
Combining pharmaceuticals with herbs or nutrients may complement or interfere with a drug's therapeutic action or may increase adverse effects. Drug-induced depletion of essential nutrients can contribute to acute and long-term adverse effects that are preventable with informed clinical management.
With half the U.S. population using herbs and nutritional supplements, it has become critical for you to know how these agents might affect your treatment plan and your patient's health.
- Seventy comprehensive monographs of herb-drug and nutrient-drug interactions cover the most commonly used herbs and nutrients in contemporary healthcare practice and help you coordinate safe, reliable therapy.
- Each herb and nutrient monograph features summary tables and concise, practical suggestions that provide quick and easy reference and complement the systematic review and in-depth analysis.
- An innovative evaluation system and unique icons differentiate interactions, qualify evidence, and assess clinical significance.
- A trans-discliplinary approach integrates developments in pharmacology, nutrition, phytotherapy, biochemistry, genomics, oncology, hematology, naturopathic medicine, Chinese medicine, and other fields.
- A diverse team of experienced clinicians offers valuable insight into collaborative strategies for personalized, multidisciplinary patient care.
- Accompanying CD contains citations and reference literature used in the review process for high-quality, evidence-based support.
Also available as Web Application via subscription to InteractionsGuide.com™
$20 discount toward InteractionsGuide™ individual subscription.